Okay, we still like the idea of postponing the inevitable Grim Reaper for as long as possible. Here are some more simple Anti-aging ways to help that again have been tested with scientific studies so we know they work. Most of them are a very easy addition or change to your life style. So, let’s look at some more of these smaller items, all scientifically proven as we said, so that when they’re added together they’ll help you live longer and healthier.
1. Don’t Go to Work SickIn a U.K. study over a 3 year period, men who clocked in at work, despite feeling under the weather, had double the heart attack risk of those who stayed in bed. Those who were sick on the job also didn’t make many friends among their co-workers. We all like to think business can’t progress without us!
2. Vacuum for 30 minutesNot just vacuuming, of course, any kind of chore where you get some exercise that can lower blood pressure by 13 points, according to Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. The lowered pressure only lasts for 8 hours but if you do something like it every day, you can lower your BP in the long term. Incidentally, helping with the housework can also improve your sex life!
3. Set a 3 drink limitHarvard researchers in a study found that having more than 3 drinks in 24 hours increases your risk of atrial fibrillation. This can boost your chances of a stroke fivefold during that time. And don’t fill up that fancy waterglass with wine like most men do. Usually, it’s twice the size of a standard drink (4 ounces), according to researchers at Duke University. And if you’re out drinking, watch your blood alcohol Smokey will.
4. Fall on your buttParticularly for older people, if you feel yourself losing your balance on the stairs, crouch down so that your butt hits first. This is according to Robert Nirschl, M.D., a spokesman for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. Don’t be afraid to bounce down a few steps, it’s better than going head over heels down the stairs. A sore butt is always better than a sore head!
5. Don’t pee in the oceanWhy? Bodily fluids attract sharks! The moral is, have fish for ‘t be lunch for fish!
The bottom line is, you don’t just fall into a healthy anti-aging lifestyle. It takes planning over the years, learning what’s good and what’s not-so-good for you. But if you try it for a while, it can become a habit, a good habit that maybe someday will allow you to play with your great grandchildren. That’s my goal. I hope it’s yours too.